I have completed my podcast and have been thinking a lot about how I would use podcasts and screencasts in my own classroom. I think it would be an amazing thing if I could record the most important lessons or instructions for projects and post them where students could refer to them at will. Of course it would be a great resource for students who were absent on the day of instruction. I would love to think that I could get into a rhythm where recording myself could become old hat and that I would do it religiously, but I have my doubts. I remember those teaching days with 150 students as over-scheduled. I hope that I could force myself to add this to my day, but it would definitely be a struggle.
I think that is one thing that makes teaching so difficult and so rewarding. At least in part, I get to choose how to present material to the students. I love this trial-and-error part of teaching. If a lesson doesn't fly in first period, I can tweak and adjust before the next section of that course. Sometimes I can't wait to get back in the classroom. Especially after I read One Fish, Two Fish for the third time in one day.
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment